Many people think hearing loss is inevitable, that with age comes hearing loss. While age is associated with hearing loss, it’s not the only factor causing hearing loss in individuals. Many people fall victim to hearing loss because they don’t protect their ears.
We live, work and play in noisy environments. As such, it is vital to protect one’s hearing. After all, once hearing loss occurs, it can’t be undone. At Sonik Hearing Care Services, we want to help those who don’t yet have hearing loss. Our line of protection products and services empower people to protect their hearing at a reasonable cost.
Protection starts with earmolds and earplugs. Earplugs are often tossable plugs that can be worn once during an event like a concert or game. They enable some sound to come through, but at a reduced decibel that is comfortable and safe for the ear canal.
Specialty earplugs can also be custom made. Specialty earplugs are ideal for musicians and medical professionals who still want the ability to hear most of their surroundings while protecting their hearing.
Earmolds are often custom-made, and come in a wide variety of sizes and types. Earmolds can be solid or soft and spongy. They come in either full shell or half shell sizes. Full shell earmolds are ideal for individuals who experience high-level noise exposure, while half shell molds or for mid-level noise exposure. We can work with you to determine the best type of earmold for your lifestyle.
Earmolds, unlike earplugs, completely seal out sound and noise. That said, earmolds can be equipped with a filtered attenuator, which allows for verbal communication while still protecting one’s hearing. Musicians often find this type of earmold useful.
Musicians aren’t the only individuals who can benefit from our hearing products.
Types of hearing protection
Hearing protection keeps damaging shooting and hunting sounds from entering the ear.
Hunting, shooting, and sudden noise. A filter instantaneously closes when damaging noise levels are reached. Allows essentially normal hearing at all other times.
Specially designed to let the right sounds in, while filtering out the damaging noise.
Ideal for performing musicians and concert-goers. Also great for flight attendants, bartenders, waiters, dental professionals. Allows wearer to hear sounds accurately but at reduced levels. Have 3 filter options: 9dB, 15dB or 25dB.
Swimmers protection is ideal for individuals who spend time in the water and are prone to Swimmer’s Ear or infections.
For swimming and showering – and they FLOAT! Also provide superb noise reduction.
Sleeping earplugs are made for individuals who need quiet surroundings while resting.
- Offers comfortable and uninterrupted rest.
- Great for shift workers and credited with saving many relationships!
Designed with motorsport enthusiasts in mind, this protection filters out damaging noises while still allowing the individual to hear the environment around them.
- Designed with a hollow canal for under helmet use to reduce wind buffeting.
- Comfortable and easy to remove.
Designed to keep water out of the ear while participating in surfing or watersports.
- Designed to prevent surfer’s ear and swimmer’s ear caused by exposure to cold water and wind.
- The floatable material is molded with a sealed membrane spanning the sound bore that keeps cold water and air out of the ear canal but allows for conversation and hearing while in the ear.
Custom protection for individuals who work in damaging sound environments.
Ideal for high-noise industrial environments.
For use with any bud/button style earphones.
- Amplification for situational awareness.
- Noise attenuation when you pull the trigger.
- Game mode: Optimized for intermittent shots.
- Clay mode: Optimized for continued shots.
- Normal mode: provides standard Digital 1 features.
- Wind Reduction mode: Ideal for shooting in windy conditions.